Head of golf: Msizi Mchunu
Professional Coach: Sean Ludgater
Golf at Hilton College has grown significantly in the last couple of years, which is in line with the tremendous growth in junior golf worldwide driven by Tiger Woods and in South Africa, the success of Ernie Els. There are currently more than 100 active golfers and more than 20 boys have single figure handicaps. Golf is offered as a mainstream sport during the First Term, second Half of the Third Term and in the Fourth Term. We have decided not to offer golf as an ‘Opt’ sport whereby boys play golf only, however if players meet certain performance criteria, they have the option to be considered to play golf full time. We have a resident golf coach, Sean Ludgater, who has made a significant impact on the boy’s golf.
350m Driving Range with distance markers Short game practice facility for pitching, chipping and bunker play. All weather synthetic practice putting green (Officially opened by Gary Player on Sunday 15 October 2006) Innovative practice drills and skills tests. Recently we have erected a shelter with 5 driving bays which can be used in inclement weather. We have also planted a Bent grass green which is regarded as the best putting green at the moment. The tee box has also been upgraded. The facility at the moment can be compared with the best in South Africa.
- KZN Inland “A” Team: Chris Woollam, Michael Makris, Michael Terblanche
Chris Woollam selected as Captain for KZN
- “B” Team: Sam Nicol, Vuyo Mondi, Matt Grieveson, Josh Chandler, Ryan Taylor
- Chris Woollam won the SA Amateur – won the Proudfoot Trophy.
- Chris Woollam won SA Schools Colours.
Won Douglas Cup: both 1st and 2nd Teams
- KZN Inland Golf “A” Team: Guy Waterhouse, Chris Woollam, Michael Terblanche, Michael Makris, Vuyo Mondi
- “B” Team: Chris Swanepoel
The following boys were selected to represent U18 KZN Schools team :
- A Team : Chris Woolam
- B team: Michael Terblanche
Team consisting of Chris Woollam, Michael Terblanche, Michael Makris and Vuyo Mondi represented KZN at the Inter- Schools Championship in East London. KZN Inter-high Schools Champions.
Won Douglas Cup
National and Provincial representatives
- SA Schools’ Golf team: Chris Woollam
- KZN Inland Golf “A” Team: Keaton Bottriell, Guy Waterhouse, Chris Woollam, Rourke Lauryssen, Tony Makris and James Rex.
- “B” Team: Michael Terblanche and Jason Terblanche.
- In the top 10 ranked players, Hilton College have secured 8 of the 10 spots.
The following boys were selected to represent U18 KZN Schools teams:
- A-team: Guy Waterhouse and Rourke Lauryssen
- B-team: Keaton Bottriell, Tony Makris and Chris Woollam
- Winners Affies Golf Tournament
- KZN A: Keagan Thomas (C), Guy Waterhouse
- KZN B: K Bottriell Stewart Hutchinson
- Inlands A team: K Thomas, G Waterhouse, R Lauryssen, K Bottriell
- Inlands B Team: S Hutchinson, J Terblanche
- C Woollam KZN Schools Stroke play Champion
- KZN Inter-high Schools Champions
- Affies Highs Schools Golf Festival Champions
- World Schools Golf Challenge in HUa Hin, Thailand (2nd Place)
- Douglas Cup Winners
- KwaZulu-Natal "A": Chris Saunders
- KwaZulu-Natal "B": Rorke Lauryssen & Keagan Thomas
- 9 out of 16 boys made up the KZN Inlands Golf teams
- KZN Schools' Golf Champions
- SA Schools': Keaton Bottriell
- KZN Schools 'A': Guy Waterhouse and Keaton Bottriell
- KZN Schools' 'B': Jarryd Edy, Chris Saunders, Matt Lauryssen
- KZNGU Stroke Play Championships: Keaton Bottriell, Keagan Thomas
- Gauteng Stroke Play Championships: Guy Waterhouse
- KZN Schools' Champions
- SA Schools': Mike Ryan (captain)
- KZN Schools 'A': Mike Ryan, Jarryd Edy
- KZN Schools 'B': Keaton Bottriell, Keagan Thomas